This event is now over. Thanks to all who participated!
This side of the site has been steadily, albeit slowly, seeing more activity since it launched earlier this year. It has the potential to be a more useful tool for the community though, and to that end we’ve enlisted the help of some of our friends to help jump start a little more conversation here. All through the month of December, we’re going to be giving away thousands of dollars worth of sound design tools. We’re talking premium tutorial memberships, sound effects libraries and plug-ins. So I’m guessing your question is now…
“How do I get my hands on these prizes?!”
It’s pretty simple actually…just participate in the discussions here! This isn’t a contest. “It’s a give-away.” We’re rewarding people for being active participants in the community. Ask questions, answer other peoples’ questions, leave comments, and vote up questions and answers (those little “thumbs up” buttons on the right). If you’ve asked a question and someone has given a good answer, select it as the answer (that little check mark in the bottom left of someone’s answer that says “Select” next to it). We’ll be giving away prizes each week, based on that week’s activity. Towards the end of the month, we’re also going to start awarding prizes based on activity over the course of the entire month. So get involved early, and stay involved!
“What are you giving away?”
To kick things off, we’re giving away a software bundle from Soundmorph, which includes every piece of sound design software they’ve released to date (Galactic Assistant, DR01D, Wave Warper, Time Flux and Evil Twin)! We’ll be randomly selecting one winner from all of the currently active members on December 2nd. So make sure you’ve signed up and started interacting with the community.
Software bundle from Soundmorph(Already awarded)
- 2 Licenses of Sound Particles
- Zynaptiq Morph
- Zynaptiq Adaptiverb
- Dehumaniser II
- iZotope Iris 2
- 3 (that’s right, 3!!) 1 year subscriptions to Soundsnap
- Shotgun library from The Recordist
- Vehicles bundle from Airborne Sound (“Vehicles” or “High Performance Vehicles”…winner’s choice)
- Ambiences bundle from Dynamic Interference (Museums and Middle Eastern)
- Sci-Fi bundle from Sonniss
- Any single library (winner’s choice) from A Sound Effect
- Ambisonics ambiences bundle from Pro Sound Effects
- 3 1 year subscriptions to the premium tutorial site Production-Expert.com
- The Hybrid Library from Pro Sound Effects
Ummm…everyone! [Excluding Designing Sound staff, Exchange moderators and the immediate families of both groups]
We’ve got readers from around the globe, so we’ve worked hard to make sure that this can be open to everyone. Almost all of our prizes will be digitally delivered, so we don’t have to restrict those in any way. The sole exception is our grand prize. Because it’s something that will have to be physically shipped, we’ve got to adhere to the same laws as the fulfillment agency that will be shipping it out. This means that people in Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria and the Crimea region of Ukraine are not eligible for our grand prize. We’re really sorry about that, but that’s out of our hands. We do have plenty of other stuff for those of you affected to win though, so don’t walk away!
“So what are the rules/fine print?”
Yes, we do have some rules and fine print that we have to cover:
- No purchase necessary. [This one should be pretty obvious. We don’t sell a damned thing. 😉 ]
- You have to be an active member of DSX to be eligible to win. If you’re already a member, and have previously posted (answer, question or comment), then you’ve already been entered for the Soundmorph prize…but future prizes will be based on activity within the week or month. So stay active!
- This site is community run and policed, and we are not a commercial entity in any way. By participating, you agree to hold harmless and indemnify the Designing Sound staff, the various sponsors of this give-away, as well as other community participants from any damages, physical or otherwise, resulting from use of this site. [Shouldn’t have to say it, but we might as well cover our asses. I mean, come on. This is a community forum. We’re all friends here.]
- You must include you country of residence in your profile’s biographical information. We need this to determine if you’re eligible for the grand prize. Of course, if you don’t care about winning that, I guess you can skip it.
- To add your country to your profile, click on your profile in the very top bar (just to the right of “CONTACT”) and select profile. Just add your country to the bio field.
- You must provide your real name in either the Exchange profile, or your WordPress site profile. Please note that you can make this private (in the WordPress site profile), so only staff and moderators can see it. Just use the “Display name publicly as” drop down to select either your name or username/nickname…whatever you prefer:
- Like so:
- You can access your site account profile in the upper right hand corner:
- Like so:
- If we don’t have access to your name (and country for grand prize selection) in your profile when we’re selecting winners, you’re out of the running. So make sure that’s done.
- Make sure your e-mail in your site account profile is up to date. This is how we’ll contact you if you’re a winner. We won’t use your personal information in any way other than to contact you if you’ve won.
- We will contact you via e-mail as quickly as possible if you’re selected as a winner. Please keep an eye out in your spam/junk folder for any e-mails coming from DesigningSound.org. Please try to get back to us quickly. If we can’t get a hold of you, we’ll be forced to select a different winner.
- You can win up to two prizes: one of the prizes we’ll be giving out throughout the month, and the grand prize. If you win a prize during the month, you’re out of the running for other prizes. You’ll still be eligible for the grand prize though, so stay active!
- Make sure you’ve read the site FAQ; especially the part about missing registration/password reset e-mails from the site.
- DesigningSound.org staff are the final arbiters in the give-away.